|WHAT ARE SOME WEATHER HOBBIES?
METEOROLOGIST JEFF HABY
1. Take photographs of the weather. Throughout the year take pictures are different weather events. Keep
a photo album of the best pictures.
2. Get a backyard weather station. Note the high and low temperature each day as well as rain or snow
accumulation. Watch how the air pressure changes. Lowering pressure indicates weather that will be
more unsettled. Rising pressure indicates weather will be more fair. Note relative humidity also.
3. Practice putting together weather forecasts. Use the weather data online and learn how to
analyze maps and interpret the weather forecast models. See how well your forecast compares
to what happens by keeping a journal.
4. Read books on weather and weather forecasting. The link below has several good books:
5. Perform different weather experiments. The link below has several experiments you can try:
6. Watch the weather outside and think about the different processes that are taking place.